Wednesday 10 April 2013

A Question To Fellow Collectors - Storage and Display

I have a few questions to all card collectors in the collecting blog world. And I was hoping you guys could help me out.

How do you store your collection?

What percentage of your complete sets are boxed vs bindered?

How do you sort individual players for your PC (year, set)? How are these displayed/stored?

How do you display your "hits" (slabbed cards, 1 of 1's, relic cards)?

I am always curious how others sort, track and display their cards. If you guys have any pictures of your card rooms/collection/ man cave, I would love to see them.


2 comments:

  1. I store most of my collection in binders sorted by team. The only complete sets that I even keep track of (and they're in binders) are the three I have listed on the sidebar of my blog.

    As far as individual players, I have binders for Dominik Hasek and Patrik Stefan. Those are separated into sections for base, RC, and inserts/parallels. Any auto/mem are stored in toploaders in a box. My Jimmy Howard collection is all in top loaders or one-touches, base included, and stored in the same box.

    I don't really display any of my hits, yet. All of my "good cards" are kept safe in a desk drawer. Someday I hope to have a display case of some kind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to get as many cards as I can into binders. Hockey and football I have almost all of my cards in binders, but my basketball and especially baseball collections have a long way to go. I keep all my hits in top loaders in a separate box. As for display, I have a 20-card wall display in my room for my favorite Bears, Bulls, Hawks and Sox rookies and autos.

    ReplyDelete